Design-build is a method of project delivery in which Gambrick Construction, your design-build team, works under a single contract with the project owner to provide design and construction services. One company, one contract, one unified flow of work from initial concept through turn-key completion.
Why Design / Build?
- 1. Responsibility
- With both design and construction in the hands of a single entity, there is a single point of responsibility for quality, cost, and schedule adherence. The design-builder is motivated to deliver a successful project by fulfilling multiple parallel objectives, including aesthetic and functional quality, budget, and schedule for timely completion. With design-build, the owner is able to focus on scope/needs definition, budget and timely decision making, rather than on coordination between designer and builder.
- 2. Quality
- The singularized responsibility inherent in design-build serves as a motivation for quality and proper project performance. The owners requirements and expectations are documented in performance terms and it is the design-build entity’s responsibility to produce results accordingly. The design-builder warrants to the owner that it will produce design documents that are complete and free from error. During the construction process this attention to quality does not end, as the designer becomes the master builder, and manages the construction of the project to completion.
- 3. Cost Savings
- Design and construction personnel, working and communicating as a team, evaluate alternative materials and methods efficiently and accurately. Value engineering and constructability are utilized continuously and more effectively when the designers and contractors work as a team during the entire design process.
- 4. Time Savings
- Because design and construction are overlapped, and because bidding periods and redesign are eliminated, total design and construction time can be significantly reduced. With design-build, materials and equipment procurement and construction work can begin before the construction documents are fully completed. The resulting time savings translates into lower costs and earlier utilization of the completed facility.
- 5. Reduced Administrative Burden
- During procurement, the potential exists for design-build to reduce the owners administrative burden. During actual design and construction, the owner is not required to invest time and money in coordinating and arbitrating between separate design and construction contracts, but rather is able to focus on timely decision making.
- 6. Improved Management
- Performance aspects of cost, schedule and quality are clearly defined and responsibilities are appropriately managed. Change orders due to “errors and omissions” are virtually eliminated, because the design-builder had responsibility for developing drawings and specifications as well as constructing a fully-functioning facility.
- 7. Experience and Reputation
- The combination of our office staff experience and our long-term relationships with local, experienced and respected New Jersey architects, suppliers, and building inspectors results in a streamlined process for the homeowner.
Gambrick Construction’s reputation and passion of original design, quality, and attention to detail sets us apart from the competition. We work hard to establishing a comfort level and to reinforce that you are in good hands from start to finish.